Victims Rights: Can Police Issue Two Citations for Two Speed Zones in One Stop

mardi 23 décembre 2014

My question involves criminal law for the state of: Indiana



Hi guys, I was recently stopped for speeding in Lake County Indiana and issued two separate speeding citations for two separate but successive speed zones (35 for the first, and 20 for the second). Instead of stopping me as soon as the officer caught me speeding, he followed me into the speed trap before turning on his lights and pulling me over. If I never stopped speeding between the zones, doesn't that mean it was only one crime, not two? Isn't this a form of double jeopardy?



The Entire Incident happened over roughly 2000 feet of road.





Victims Rights: Can Police Issue Two Citations for Two Speed Zones in One Stop

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire