Retailers: I Have Not Been Credited for Merchandie Confirmed Returned. Retailer Banned Me

jeudi 25 décembre 2014

My question involves a consumer law issue in the State of: MI



I wear a leather jacket size 5xlt. The retailer only stocks items under $200. Around, December 1st, The manager suggested if I wanted to try on the "higher-end" jackets which costs over $1000-$4000 then I should place an order online, and them try each one of them at home once they are delivered, and then return all of them but keeping the jacket I like best, if any.



It was "cyber-monday" and they had a 30% off coupon that I applied to these jackets, with free ship and free returns. I have shopping at this retailer for maybe 2 years. Prior to this incident, I might have purchased 12 items at this retailer TOTAL in my entire lifetime. I likely returned half of them the next day, because at my size of 5xlt it's very hard to find a good fit. It's not like I wear these items and return them 90-days later. All the items still had tags.



Well the first jacket they sent me didn't come with an itemized receipt. It only had the packing slip. Plus, it was before the 30% off coupon, so i called their customer service number and they applied 30% after-the-fact. Anyways, when i went to return the jacket in store (it's not fee to mail it back) i was told they had to call headquarters to figure out how much tey owe me since there was no invoice included on their part. I got a refund which turned out to be like $15 extra than what i paid.



Meanwhile, im waiting for my other 3 jackets to arrive before christmas. It's now mid-december just days away from christmas and i still have yet to receive a shipping confirmation that the jackets i ordered on cyber monday were shipped. Keep in mind i had fully paid and also received 3 separate confirmation emails with 3 separate order numbers.



It turns out this national retailer had canceled all 3 of my christmas present WITHOUT having any intention of notfying me that they were canceled (they were all confirmed orders after all). So im steaming mad that they didnt notify me so i could purchase other items for christmas. i call their csr dept who tells me my orders were canceled because of "too many returns" however ,she suggested i could still shop at the local stores just nor purchase online. So at this point apparently im banned from shopping online but i can still shop in the brick-and-mortar stores, but now that all my orders have been canceled they wont order the 30% off anymore.



Im steaming mad and contact my local tv station (i live in top-10 city). They call the retailers headquarters who end up refusing to talk or comment to the tv station, but they insist they "will respond appropriately only to (me!) the buyer"



Fast forward one week and i receive a certified return-receipt letter from their senior VP and general counsel who's making over $1 million per year. It's a strongly-worded threatening letter accusing me of "buying low and returning high" and having inappropriate shopping behavior. Whatever that means.



Even when we shop at other retailers like Kohl's, they know EXACTLY how much you spent, the coupons and discounts you used, so when you return it's already deducted. Im not responsible to be this retailers financial analyst or book keeper, esp. when they didnt send an itemized receipt and just a packing slip. To make a long story short, it says im banned from all their affiliates, and if i call anyone in their call center, or visit any store, then im harassing and threatening them. They also say they wont honor any returns or orders from me.



Now they have my jacket(the second jacket) which i returned and they have my money. I already shipped back and returned the jackt to the local store, and the manager mailed it back to headquarters assuring i will get a refund in full. The bottom line is all I have a written email confirmation that says they received my return and agree to refund the full price of the jacket. And then one day later I receive the letter from General Counsel and Senior VP accusing me of returning stuff with no receipts and saying they will not honor any returns.



The bottom line is all I did was follow their own managers suggestion which was to purchase these 5 high-end jackets online and then return them, and now i get banned!! And im also screwed out of a refund which they agreed and admit they received merchandise i returned..



I think they made up this story so i stop going to the tv station.

ALL i wanted in the first place was just an apology for them canceling all my confirmed and paid-for christmas gifts, and instead i get banned and have no jacket AND NO REFUND. AND FALSELY ACCUSED OF RETAIL THEFT.



I know they can ban whomever they want, but now they have my jacket and my money. All i have is an email saying they received my jacket and agree to refund the full amount, and then a letter the following day stating im banned.



How do i get my refund credit?





Retailers: I Have Not Been Credited for Merchandie Confirmed Returned. Retailer Banned Me

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire