Drunk and Impaired Driving: Aggravated DUI Second Offense

samedi 27 décembre 2014

Hello all, I've been stressing over the potential charges I may face and am going to court in the next couple of days... hoping someone can give me an idea of what I might actually be facing.



DETAILS:

I live in Kentucky.

I have had a DUI 1st offense with aggravated circumstances (blew .22) previously, I was pulled over (4 years and 10 months ago). This is my only previous charge.

I just got a DUI 2nd offense with aggravated circumstances (blew .304), there was damage to property (this is why the cops were called, not pulled over) (about $30 worth, I stopped my car to talk to the home owner and they were called) which I plan to pay off before court.

My license has already been revoked for 18 months.

I've already attended 4 alcohol abuse classes before court (was assigned 52 weeks [1 year]).

I've read it cannot be probated because of aggravated status.



I've spent 2-3 days in jail (16 hours in the drunk tank because they were overcrowded?). My public defender said the most common plea is 30 days home incarceration, but she didn't know it was aggravated. I talked to a lawyer who pretty much said 'you can pay me $400, but I feel like I'll be taking your money... good luck with the public defender' I could argue the scenario as to how I almost never drive since my last one (drunk or not [specially drunk]), my car has been sitting/not moving for 3 years, but this won't help just like it won't in court.



long story short, I've read the possible charges and am very scared. If anyone has a second to let me know what they think I may receive (home incarceration, required jail, etc...), please let me know!





Drunk and Impaired Driving: Aggravated DUI Second Offense

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire