Post-Discharge Issues Perfecting Auto Lien

mercredi 24 décembre 2014

My question involves bankruptcy in the state of: TN



So I filed chapter 7 bk early this year and was discharged in Oct. When I went to the creditor meeting the trustee said that the lien hadn't been perfected on my auto. And none of my creditor showed for meeting. I haven't heard anything about the car all year and I still have it. So today Dec 24 I got a letter from Chrysler Capital saying I owed them 4300 dollars by Dec 29 or they repossess the car. I don't care if they repo it I'm surprise I had got to keep it this long with it being a 2014. But I want know what I need to do. My lawyer told me before that if they didn't perfect the lien I think he said within 15 days after the creditor meeting the car would belong to the court and could be sold to pay debts off. So with them sending me a paper saying I owe 4300 or they would get it makes me believe they don't even know I have filed a bk and been discharged. Do I call them and tell them or call the court house. I just don't want it be repo by them and then few months down the road someone from the court comes to get the car and I don't have it. What do I do?





Post-Discharge Issues Perfecting Auto Lien

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire