Legal Malpractice: Can a Paralegal Be Sued for Malpractice

dimanche 28 décembre 2014

My question involves legal malpractice in the state of: California



I went to a paralegal on 8/17/12 to file bankruptcy. I returned my paperwork within a month, completed my first credit counseling class and never heard back from him. I began calling him repeatedly a couple of months later. Each time he would answer the phone and promise to call me back a few days later, which never happened. I received paper work that I was being sued, I spoke to the paralegal who said that he couldn't advise me but that it would be fine because I am filing bankruptcy. I continued to call him every few weeks with the same result, he would answer but never call me back. I left him a message that I thought at the very least he should return my money, this is when he stopped answering when I called and, of course, never returned my calls. In 7/2013, in the midst of the phone calls, and odd excuses, I was served with a wage garnishment notice at my office. I finally realized I better seek out an actual lawyer, which I did within a few days. I found out from him that a lien for $10,000 had been placed on my home less than a month earlier. I also had to pay the lawyer extra fees to have an emergency filing done that week to prevent the garnishment from beginning, and any other actions being filed. Can I hold the paralegal responsible for any of this??





Legal Malpractice: Can a Paralegal Be Sued for Malpractice

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire