Medical Malpractice: Dentist Removed All My Bottom Teeth and Was T Supposed to

dimanche 28 décembre 2014

Hello. I am in the process of getting dentures. I went to a dentist back in January who told me I needed to have all my upper teeth removed but my bottom were good other than the molars i. The back of need a partial for. I just turned 35 and that news was frightening to me. I waited until November and wanted a 2nd opinion so I went to another dentist who said the same thing so I went ahead and scheduled to have the work done. I dreaded it but felt fortunate that my bottom teeth were still good as I was always told try to keep those as long as you can because it's a larger adjustment as far as talking eating etc when you have to have lower dentures. I went in for the extractions about 10 days ago and was IV sexated for the procedure. My dentist didn't tell me of any changes from my previous visit less than 2 weeks prior and went ahead and put me to sleep. I didn't realize until the next day that he took all of my teeth! My father was at the dentist to drive me home and I don't remember any of this but the nurse who brought me out told him they took all of them and said that they had told me they were going to do so before they put me out. I was perfectly aware of everything before the procedure and at no time was made aware of this nor would I have consented because my lower teeth were good. I even have the paper showing the procedure was to be a full upper denture and a partial on bottom. I go back in a week to get the impressions made and am curious as to what the dentist will say is the reason for removing all of my teeth instead of what we discussed. I plan to record this convo with my phone in my pocket when I go. I guess my questions are how should I proceed and would I have a malpractice case? I'm going back to school in 2 weeks and am dreading all of this. It took a lot for me to talk myself into the full upper denture as my teeth were t that bad when I smiled but I'm still having trouble believing this happened. I don't know if he did it by mistake and forgot he was only to remove the upper teeth or what but I can't see him legally being able to go to that extreme by law without my consent. Thanks for any help, info, and tips anyone can offer!





Medical Malpractice: Dentist Removed All My Bottom Teeth and Was T Supposed to

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire