Personal Investment: Legal Case with Bank As Someone Drained My Account Without My Approval

samedi 27 décembre 2014

I know this is USA forum but any general guidance will be helpful

My retirement savings are all gone. My bank in Cyprus told me that they received emails from you that had information and details to transfer the funds to an account in Asia.

They said the email had a JPEG file which was my signature and they accepted that.

They also stated that they tried to call me and then could not get hold of me, so after 3-4 email chains they transfered the money



The interesting thing is that I do not have any emails in my mailbox but they said they have printed the emails from my address (but do not have digital copies). So it can be photoshoped and printed.

I do not have any emails in or out related to this and now the bank is telling me that it was my fault

their play is that my email account got hacked and the hacker had my signature there so emailed the bank to transfer the money so I will not get my money



They have my signature in the bank since I signed a contract when I opened an account so they could have done it too. It has nothing to do my email or having JPEG in my email as my signature.

This is ridiculous. This is over 100k and transferred over 3-4 transactions.

They should have required wet signature or ID check before doing this even if there was an email.





I need guidance and help. What can I do?

The bank's lawyer is very seasoned and it took him 3 months to even provide the above defense as it is my fault and it is my responsibility to ensure my email is secure.

Let's go with scenario for a minute that I got hacked and someone emailed from my account to my bank to transfer all my funds to somewhere else named under someone else.

Does not that look suspicious? Dont they check if it was money laundering or funding something illegal?

How can they go with an email only? or even if email had a JPEG file as my signature? This is not logical



Any help or guidance to banking rules in UK or Cyprus will be greatly appreciated.





Personal Investment: Legal Case with Bank As Someone Drained My Account Without My Approval

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire