Guardianship: Can I Move My Little Brother Out of Mississippi when He Turns 18

vendredi 26 décembre 2014

My question involves guardianship in the State of: Mississippi Mississippi custody laws... My brother has been living with my aunt for years and we have always known how bad it was up there but could never act on it. My mom became an addict around 12 years ago and my aunt got custody of my brother and my other aunt (the good aunt) got custody of me. I am 28 now and my brother is 17. We are half brothers (different dads) and his dad died and he gets social security from that but he does not see it. There are 5 unemployed adults living there with 4 kids, including my little brother. He turns 18 in January 2015 and we have done some research and need some of the following question answered if anyone has knowledge. 1) We have read that he cant "legally" leave until he is 21 but my aunt has temporary guardianship I believe (assume full) and is not the actual mom or dad is that true? 2) He is planning to attend LSU when he graduates in a few months and if so can we go to the DMV and get him an ID using my address? Our mom has been clean for 7 years now, just bought a house and has her life completely turned around and this is where the true problems lies... She asked for guardianship of my little brother but ever since our mom has been clean she, up until a year or so ago, wouldnt let her see him and thinks of him as a burden that my mom put on her,and to kind of stick it to her, kept her from him. These are one of those situations where they make a lifetime movie out of because he was told us she makes him do everything for them and has put hands on him and not the spanking type. Something has to give! He also got $15,000+ dollars from a life insurance from his dad that is in a trust until he is 18... Can they touch that? Any information helps as we only have a little time left to make a move.





Guardianship: Can I Move My Little Brother Out of Mississippi when He Turns 18

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire