Emancipation: Emancipation in the State of Tennessee

lundi 29 décembre 2014

My question involves juvenile law in the State of: Tennessee.



Hello, I'm posting to hopefully gain some insight on the possibility of emancipation for a significant other of mine. I have spent some time reading other posts before making my own, and I realize that emancipation wasn't necessarily meant for minors wanting to leave their home, but for those found living by themselves outside of their control. Regardless, I wanted to write this up anyways and get some opinions on the matter. My current SO works a very small amount of hours for a monthly pay of $3,000 a month. I taught her Web Design, and helped her gain employment as a Virtual Assistant. She is currently working as a VA for someone else, not related to myself. TN states that a minor must be living on their own to be considered for emancipation if I understand correctly, however, she is unable to live on her own until she is emancipated. Her parents are separated, and her mother works as a dancer while her father is a DJ in Colorado. She is currently residing with her mother in TN. Her mother has a few personal issues, but nothing quite as bad as the insanity or drug addictions that I've read in other threads. This isn't a post about abuse. However, her mother goes to work once or twice a month, and income is sporadic. My SO would be able to better support herself on her own, as her income allows it. She will be sixteen in a few more months, and will be applying then. I have helped her draw up a rudimentary financial plan, regarding rent, utilities, food, etc. She is an A/B, Honor Student and her current work hours are low enough that they do not affect her education at this time. I would like to clarify that she already has the job. In regards to the rent, she will be living on her own in TN, and in no way will be living in the same residence as myself. I am simply helping her gain information. I realize how fickle teenage relationships can be, and have taken that into account and set it up so that everything will be from an independent standpoint. Her insurance, food, personal and educational needs will be met by her income alone, without government aid, aid from relatives, or myself. I will be shipping out soon, and then deploying, so living together will be impossible for the time being as is. This was a large post so I'll try and bring it to a few concise points to recap.




  • She currently makes $36,000 a year working as a Virtual Assistant and doing a small amount of freelance Web Design.

  • Will be furthering her education and living a more stable lifestyle.

  • Will be living on her own and supporting herself from her own income.

  • Is not being abused and does not require the aid of CPS.






Thanks in advance, and if I can expand on anything posted above, please tell me and I will be glad to do so.





Emancipation: Emancipation in the State of Tennessee

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire