Retail Fraud / Shoplifting: Stole $10k+ Worth of Items, Worked at Retail Job for 3 Years, is Lp Suspicious

lundi 22 décembre 2014

My question involves criminal law for the state of: Nevada



Hi, i have worked for a luxury retail company , that I will not disclose about, for about 3 years now. I have stolen about $10k + worth of items and have decided to stop. I am wondering since I have worked here for three years already, do you think LP is building a investigation towards me? I believe they aren't, based on the fact that i still work here even though it is my third year, the managers, AGM, GM, etc. all do not act weird around me or act suspicious of anything, and the fact that LP has never questioned me or ever stepped foot on the premises.

Our company's LP is not stationed in the store; it's a third party LP stationed somewhere else in the city.



I stole items from the stock room due to nothing having sensors on them. There is only ONE camera in the stock room which watches the main path of the room but there are no cameras in the the different cubbies/ sections of the stock room. I did most of my stealing/ hiding items in these cubbies/ sections. I am positive cameras have not physically seen me put anything in my bag or anything. There are a lot of blind spots that lead to the area I do put my stolen goods in. I am however worried that there might potentially be hidden cameras in these sections, but if so wouldn't they have confronted me about it already with so much evidence?



Since working here, we have had about 6 inventory checks and I am sure there has been shortages not from just my pilfering, but prob. from other unknown associates stealing, or external theft, or even damaged out items. Each time after these checks there really is not a big deal about it and we never see the LP people come and investigate the cause. I am sure they do investigate but they do not seem to be able to find who is causing these shrinkages or even know that it is from internal theft. Our inventory is ALWAYS messed up anyways, sometimes items will either show up as 0 when we actually have 5 or more of the item, or it can show up as having 4 items but only really having 2.



I do notice that whenever we get shoplifted, externally, the only thing the manager does is file a report and let the LP people handle it, but this usually yields no results. I feel that our LP is sloppy at investigating. Other instances includes whenever we do find that items are missing and do not know what happen to them, the managers just ignore it and fail to even bother looking at the 24 hour+ amount of footage to see what happened to an expensive item. We never find what happen to the products and we never catch the perp when it is external theft or when items have gone missing all of a sudden.



Like I said the managers, gms, and agm all treat me the same still and I am sure if they suspected me of theft they would act differently towards me already. I am just wondering if LP is investigating me and keeping records of me stealing or if they actually really have not pinned me for any of these shortages.



I know what I have done is very stupid and selfish which is why I will stop.





Retail Fraud / Shoplifting: Stole $10k+ Worth of Items, Worked at Retail Job for 3 Years, is Lp Suspicious

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire