Online Services: Chargeback Issue for Domain Name

jeudi 25 décembre 2014

Hi,



I'm writing this in regards to a chargeback situation for a domain name.



I've been a customer for one of the reputable domain name registrar for many years now, having registered and renewed many many domain names over the years.



Recently I got an email from my registrar, where they claimed a chargeback was issued against a payment I had made to them for a renewal of a domain name and they threatened I should pay them $210.84 within 48hrs or they would suspend my account.



I had never claimed a chargeback, so I had no idea where this came from and they blocked access to my account meaning I could not manage or renew my domain names. The bank on the other hand has been too slow in responding to details of where the chargeback came from and finally the domain registrar changed the NS info for each of the domain names in my account meaning that all web sites and email for all the domains is now down.



My question here is


  • The domain registrar has the control of your domain name in their hands and can suspend your domain or change the NS info, so they can do anything they want?

  • I have about 7 domain names registered through this registrar, and while this chargeback issue is in regards to ONE domain, they have locked ALL the domain names, bringing all my operations to a stand




The registrar refuses to answer my questions - they just keep refering me to their T&C clause about chargebacks and within this clause is

Quote:




...you agree that we may suspend access to any and all accounts you have with us...



"suspend access to " - Does this sound like changing the NS info for all domains in the account?

  • I ask them why they have locked ALL my domains, they don't answer.

  • My credit card statement shows no chargeback. When I ask the registrar if they refunded the money to the chargeback claim, they don't answer.

  • When I insist on the question of why they've blocked ALL my domain names, they tell me


    Quote:




    Chargeback issues are considered in association with the account in whole, not with a separate service.







Who is there to protect the rights of us customers?



WE are the ones who pay for the domain name, yet we have no control in such situations?



At the end of the day, who is making the domain name industry move - registrar's or buyers?



Even before any investigation is made as to the origination or validity of a chargeback, a domain name registrar is threatening to suspend services unless we pay penalties, and we as buyers are fearing that our web sites and email will go down, so we quickly end up paying the penalty.



In the event of any dispute, does a buyer not have the right to request a chargeback? OK dear buyer, you can do a chargeback in the event of a dispute, but mind you it's going to cost you an arm and a leg and losses, so your cheaper option is just to forget the dispute and let the registrar or bank keep the money. Is THIS the value of a customer, while we have always been taught that "customer is king" big joke!!!



So who is there to protect the rights of the customer?





Online Services: Chargeback Issue for Domain Name

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire