Unlawful Presence and Overstay What Are Limits of U.S. Citizen Spending Time in Canada

lundi 22 décembre 2014

My Mom is a U.S. Citizen and receives social security benefits as well as medicare coverage. Her primary residence is in Florida.

She has been married to my father for over 50 years who is a Canadian citizen and receives Canadian health coverage and benefits.

He has advanced Alzheimer's and must stay in Canada forever (no more visits to Florida during winter months). My Mom wishes to

spend more time in Canada without jeopardizing or losing any of her Social Security or Medicare benefits.



What is the most amount of time she can spend in Canada during the year?



I know that the law stated for my father that he could not spend more than 6 months in the U.S. without jeopardizing his benefits/citizenship.



However, I can't find anything that regulates my Mom spending time in Canada.



Any help would be appreciated.



Thanks in advance.



Anthony





Unlawful Presence and Overstay What Are Limits of U.S. Citizen Spending Time in Canada

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire