Other Violations: Unable to Pay Registration Fine

mercredi 24 décembre 2014

My question involves a traffic ticket from the state of: California



Specifically, San Francisco County.



I received a violation for expired registration. Forgetting the reasons why, my question concerns what to do next. I need more time to collect the money to fix the registration. Rent comes first. One of the clerks suggested I file for a trial, which would buy me more time. However, after the call, I saw online that a bail amount is required to request a trial. I don't know what it is, but I do know the fee for my fix-it ticket is $25, if I show that the violation was corrected. I don't know if that's the same amount as the bail. I haven't received a courtesy letter from the court.



Assuming that the bail amount is much higher, I wouldn't be able to afford it. And since I can't afford to fix the registration before my appearance date, I would be at a loss of what to do. Ignoring the court would yield higher penalties and a bench warrant. I definitely don't want to do that. If the bail is the same as the fee, I'm fine with that, but what if it's not? What would be my options to address the court if I can't pay bail or fix the violation?



And, yes, I need the car to commute to work. I don't live in San Francisco County either. Thank you for your feedback.





Other Violations: Unable to Pay Registration Fine

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire