Spousal Rights and Duties: Cosigned on Car with Spouse, Who is Hiding it and Not Paying

lundi 29 décembre 2014

My question involves personal property located in the State of: Alabama



My husband was recently arrested for the worst thing you can imagine. His bond is very high and will probably never be reduced enough for him to get out. It's another month before a hearing. I cosigned for a car that he has hidden somewhere. A payment is due in a couple of weeks. I called the car dealership and they said it says "or" on the loan. The bank wasn't sure which I thought was odd. The bank just knows both of our names are on it. I wasn't allowed to work in our 20+yrs of marriage and there's no way I can make the payments. At the moment I'm still paying for the insurance on the car.



Other than hiring a lawyer that I can't afford, and he knows it, do I have any options? Could I report the car stolen? I'm sure the bank won't help, they just want their money. I hate to pay for a car that I don't have possession of. I would try to sell it or my daughter has offered to take up payments.



What are my legal rights?





Spousal Rights and Duties: Cosigned on Car with Spouse, Who is Hiding it and Not Paying

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire