Motions: How to File a Motion to Dismiss Based on the Speedy Trial Law

mercredi 24 décembre 2014

My question involves traffic court in the State of: California



I would like to file a motion to dismiss my citation/case (not sure of the term to use here) but I can't seem to find a template or form for this anywhere online. I'm in Santa Barbara and the court website has many forms but nothing like this.



Background on this:

- I got a ticket for not stopping at a red light on 9/9/14 (I did stop, but they say I did not stop completely). $490 is the fine!

- I was was to appear on or before 10/16/14, but was granted an extension until 11/19/14

- I appeared in traffic court on 11/19/14 and pleaded not guilty

- Everyone who had pleaded not guilty before me had been told they had 2 weeks to post bail and to return to court on 12/22/14

- However when they handed me my paperwork it said I had to post bail of $490 today and continuation proceedings were set to 1/22/14

- I went upstairs to the clerk and told her I didn't have the money today and that the date was past and they must have meant either 12/22/14 or 1/22/15.

- She left to go find out and came back with my document changed to Post Bail by 12/22/14 and Continuation Proceedings continued to 1/22/15

- So on 12/22/14 I went back to the clerk and said I wanted to dismiss the case because of the speedy trial law.

- She said I could file a motion, but couldn't tell me how to do so.

- I said I'd in that case like to ask for payment arrangements and she said I could come to court on Friday 12/26/14 and ask for that, and/or file the motion.



So now I'm spending Christmas Eve trying to figure out how to file a motion! Thanks in advance for any leads on where I might find this information!



Wishing you a Happy Holidays,

Jinjee





Motions: How to File a Motion to Dismiss Based on the Speedy Trial Law

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire