Unlawful Presence and Overstay Options for an Undocumented Canadian Citizen Brought Into the U.S. as a Child

mercredi 31 décembre 2014

Hi guys! thank you so much for taking the time to read about my predicament. You're time is much appreciated.



The gist of the story is that my mother (who was a naturalized U.S. citizen at the time, but was naturalized after my birth) brought me to this country with her from Canada at the age of 3...that would be back around '97 or '98..On January I will be 21 years old. She brought me here without inspection, no passport, no green card, no nothing. I think she took a bus to buffalo and then flew to where I'm currently residing.



I know that I should have left the country before turning 18, but that's alot easier said then done. Canada is a country I don't really know, and I'm still struggling to financially stand on my own two feet, so I couldn't have imagined trying to start a new life in a country pretty foreign to me.



I would have loved to benefit from the Child Citizenship Act of 2000, but because of my mother's choice to bring me here with no green card that seems impossible. :wallbang:



It aggravates me that it doesn't seem to be of too much concern to her, because she lives comfortably here as a U.S. citizen, while nothing is certain for me. Her and my step-father seem to believe that I'm an "adult now" so all of a sudden the responsibility should move to me. I do not believe that I can afford an immigration attorney. And because of the apparent obscurity of my situation noone seems to really be able to offer me much help. What should I do? It KILLS me that the only thing between me and being a U.S. citizen is a decision my mother made over 17 years ago!!



Also, do I have a lawsuit here? I believe that she should be liable to assist me with this.



Thank you guys!





Unlawful Presence and Overstay Options for an Undocumented Canadian Citizen Brought Into the U.S. as a Child

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire