Moving Out: Moving Early but Paying for Full Month

mardi 30 décembre 2014

My question involves landlord-tenant law in the State of: Florida, Brevard county



My lease expires on Jan 31, 2015. I intend to vacate the apartment on the 1st of Jan but pay the months rent to fulfill my lease. My landlord wants me to turn over possession of the apartment so she can move a new tenant in on the 15th of the month but refuses to give me a rebate on the rent i am paying through the end of the month. My question is can she legally rent out the same unit to 2 different parties and collect rent twice for the same time period? I understand that i am not obligated to allow her to do this as i am legally the tenant of record until Jan 31st but she insists this is what she wants to do and she refuses to entertain the rebate. I need to add here that over the past few months there have been numerous issues in this unit and there are open holes in the walls and ceilings from them attempting to chase down a plumbing leak. this started before thanksgiving when they left me with no hot water for a week. they have never returned to finish repairing the walls and ceiling and the entire leak issues have never been fully resolved. This is part of why i am moving. Any info you can give or direction to foillow would be greatly appreciated





Moving Out: Moving Early but Paying for Full Month

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire