Traffic Accidents: Previous Record and Credibility

mardi 23 décembre 2014

My question involves an injury that occurred in the state of: Washington



I was stopped in traffic (approaching a construction zone with a hazard sign 50 feet ahead) when I was rear ended by a person traveling pretty fast. My car was totaled (slammed into the car in front) and I have neck and spine injuries 5 months after the collision.



Since no one "appeared" to be injured the police did not complete a collision report, take statements, or anything else...though there was clearly thousands of dollars damage (the reporting threshold here is $700). I have pictures of all vehicles and the Hazard sign in front of one of the damaged vehicles.



The woman who hit me has four prior speeding violations and a DUI (five total) in the previous 2.5 years. I know that doesn't prove her guilt here, But



Question 1: Can her previous convictions be used to challenge her version of events in this collision, since they are all directly related to her driving habits, if this goes to trial?



Question 2: Can the police be asked to check her cell phone records to see if she was using it at the time of the collision?



Question3: Is there anything that might interest the police in investigating the collision at this point. I know they don't "have to".



Thanks





Traffic Accidents: Previous Record and Credibility

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire