Compensation and Overtime: Changed from Salaried to Hourly

mardi 24 février 2015

My question involves employment and labor law for the state of: I am currently working at a company that I have been with for 2 years and was promoted this past January to a salaried manager.



Now they are changing me to hourly.



With the change, my rate jumps from 16 to 13 per hour.

They stated that we are required to work 45 hours per week, so we would have 5 hours of overtime that would equal to the same amount I originally agreed to with accepting the position.



With an decrease in our hourly rate, my vacation time accrued has changed and i am afraid with the over time every week, i may be taxed more.



They stated it is something to stop us from working too much, yet we don't get paid for lunch which basically increases our days from 9 hrs to 10 hrs if we take a lunch, which is required.



I signed an offer letter as a salaried manager, now they want me to sign off on this new hourly adjustment which I did not sign off on, and they still switched me over to hourly without my consent.



I am wondering is this something I can fight? is this illegal?



Let me know please.



Thank you





Compensation and Overtime: Changed from Salaried to Hourly

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire