Other Violations: Disobeying a Stop Sign and Hearing Delay

samedi 28 février 2015

My question involves a traffic ticket from the state of: california

I was cited for disobeying a stop sigh back in December 2014.

Finally, the CHP got around to process the paper work. I paid the fine and was given a date for preliminary hearing in March, where I plan to plea not guilty and request a discovery so I can get the officers notes. Obvious this will take additional time before I get to a trial date.

Some responses that I have seen by other people recommend to delay, delay as much as you can. Frankly I don't see the befit of that. Even if I do request postponement and keep delaying the process past the 45 days limit for a speedy trial, can I possibly ask for my case to be dismissed if I am the one requesting the delay.

I suppose the only benefit for delaying is the very small chance that somehow as time is passing, something will happen, such as the officer not showing up for whatever reason. Small chance but possible.

Any advice on this matter.

Thank you





Other Violations: Disobeying a Stop Sign and Hearing Delay

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire