Fraud: Granted Power of Attorney Now Being Threatened with Fraud

mardi 24 février 2015

My question involves criminal law for the state of: New Jersey



About five years ago, my father passed away due to cancer. My brother became POA for my mother and we found out he was stealing from her widowers fund, social security and few other places. In total he took around 15k. My mother removed him from POA and made me her POA.



I made sure her bills were paid, medical expenses were taken cared of, and I even set her up with an IRA. 3 year after my father's death, we had another death of the family. My mother wanted 40k out of the IRA for plane tickets, and to give to the family for the loss. As her POA, I did so. We also used the money to make a down payment on the apartment we were both staying at. Because of the IRA withdrawal we were charged a tax penalty that we are paying off in monthly installments.



Flash forward a few years later and I am now getting married. My brother has come back into my mother's life. My mother is also not happy with me because I did not want her talking to a new financial advisor, who is a VP at Morgan Stanley. My mother is just so entrenched at the VP position, but she knows nothing about this financial advisor. I advised her to let me do some research. Because of her stubbornness I am now removed as her POA.



My brother has now got our family lawyer to look into our records claiming that I stole money from the IRA. I never did anything like that and I don't know what to do. I only used the money to pay bills and make sure the essentials are all taken cared of. Anything unnecessary like an ipad or jewelry, or something akin I paid for out of my own money. I am already stressed out because of the wedding and work and at my wits end here. What should I do?





Fraud: Granted Power of Attorney Now Being Threatened with Fraud

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire