Hearings and Trials: Trial by Written Declaration- Court Keeps on Postponing

mercredi 25 février 2015

My question involves traffic court in the State of: California



Hello



I received a ticket for CVC 22350 Excessive Speed on 07/11/2014. I was to appear by September 22 as stated on the ticket. I never received the courtesy notice so I called the court and they informed me that they've postponed by court appearance (pay by this date, or contest) to November 18 as they were backed up.



I contested and filed my trial by written declaration on November 10.



I didn't hear anything back, so I called them on January 4, 2015. They said it's not going to be even presented to the commissioner until February.



So I called on February 23 and they told me that the court has postponed my date to March 23.



My question is can they keep on postponing the date like this? What are my options at this point? Also, I am planning on leaving the country to work overseas in April and if I lose the trial by written declaration, I would want to file a trial de novo and fight in court- I wouldn't be able to do this anymore as they've postponed for such a long time.



Thank you in advance for your insight and advice!





Hearings and Trials: Trial by Written Declaration- Court Keeps on Postponing

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire