Land Use and Zoning: Illegal Living in Work Space

mercredi 25 février 2015

My question involves real estate located in the State of: New York



Hi there,



I've been living in an art studio for months now, a friend of mine introduced me to the idea as he was doing the same thing and it seemed pretty interesting and risk-free then. I never thought about the consequences of it except the potential eviction.



I've a few questions now:

-what's ARE the risks? Fines, etc.?

-how could that be proven legally(that someone is living there)?



Also I'm thinking of moving out, I'm sick of that sneaky living but I still have months left on my lease so what would be best for me? Would finding a new tenant be the legal solution to avoid penalties or does it still depend on the landlord decision what penalties there would be? (In the lease agreement there was nothing about what could happen in the case of a broken lease).



I realize I may have put myself in a tricky spot so I'm curious to see what's possibe from here.



Thank you!



Quentin





Land Use and Zoning: Illegal Living in Work Space

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire