Deportation and Reentry: Arrested by Ice, to Report to Duty Officer in 3 Months

lundi 23 février 2015

Hi, I am a permanent resident of the US since 2005(09/2005). I came in 1996 with my family as "visitors", I believe my mother was a "student". Currently 26 years old. Last Thursday, I was arrested next to my car at my residence when 4 ICE officers showed up on Chinese New Year's Day and took me downtown. I have two misdemeanors(petty theft, a textbook, and petty theft with a prior, a laptop charger, both from 2009). Both of these convictions are since "expunged" but unfortunately they are classified as crimes of moral turpitude. Since the incidents, I have graduated college, gotten married(to an international student who I am petitioning for a GC), and have a solid work history plus "special circumstances" to explain why I committed those crimes. Luckily, they let me go the same day I was arrested and was given "Order of Release on Recognizance". On the document, it says I need to report to a Duty Officer in 3 months. I am curious now to what would happen to me at this meeting? What are my chances to not be deported? I believe the reason ICE was notified of me was because I had recently applied for my citizenship. Anyhow, what is the best and worst case scenario for me now:confused:?





Deportation and Reentry: Arrested by Ice, to Report to Duty Officer in 3 Months

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire