Name Change Procedures: Child's Mother's Name Change on Birth Certificate to Adoptive Parent Name As Mother

mardi 24 février 2015

My question involves name change laws in the State of: New York, NY



My youngest daughter, who is now 17 years old, was adopted by her paternal aunt in 2010, due to ACS(Administration for Children's Services). My parental rights were terminated in 2010. I tried to prevent this from happening, but, to no avail. I tried getting the default judgment thrown out, & couldn't. I tried to get the case heard in Supreme Court, but, it was denied. I tried to order my daughter's birth certificate recently, and it was cancelled, due to the fact that my name as my child's mother had been erased from the birth certificate, & replaced with the adoptive parent's name. I'd like to know when was the law concerning the natural parent's name on the birth certificate could be replaced by the adoptive parent's name as the mother? Back in the day, that wasn't the case. When children were adopted, there were adoption papers, & the natural parent's name remained on the child's birth certificate. That was how adopted children was able to track down their natural parents, if they were interested. Of course, when I found out my name was erased from the birth certificate, I was not only angry, but, extremely hurt. I really don't think this is right. It was bad enough my child was stolen from me, but, now, I'm erased as her mother on the birth certificate. It's horribly, horribly wrong. Please answer ASAP. Thank you so much.





Name Change Procedures: Child's Mother's Name Change on Birth Certificate to Adoptive Parent Name As Mother

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire