Traffic Lights, Signs and Controls: Ran Traffic Light. Off Duty Pulls Me Over

samedi 28 février 2015

My question involves a traffic ticket from the state of: baltimore city maryland



Ok i was traveling in baltimore city on my way home from work. I was at a stop light, watching the other signal to turn red. I jumped the gun and went right thru a red light. Immediately i have lights behind me so i pulled over right away. A gentleman comes to my window in plain clothes, pulling me over in a unmarked suv, and asked me for my license and registration. I was alittle skeptical because i was in a industrial area. I asked if he had id. He shows me a laminated card that said baltimore city police, no badge. I asked for a supervisor to respond because things didnt seem right to me. The gentleman started asking me questions like where was i coming from, have i been drinking etc etc. I just stated i want a supervisor asap or just let me be on my way.



Im pretty sure this irritated him pretty good, because he went back to his suv, after telling me to stay where i was.



About 5 min later 4 marked units pulled up sirens blaring and all. At this point i thaught it would be wise to start recording the incident. adter about 5 more minutes a uniformed officer came to my window and asked for my license and registration. I handed this to him with my window only open about 2 inches, and stated i have nothing to say, and if he has any questions that i want "my" lawyer present. The officer went to the rear of my vehicle.



About 20 minutes went by, 3 of the marked units left, and i was waiting when the uniformed officer came back to my window. He told me to roll my window down all of the way, which i politely refused. The uniformed officer chucked my id and regustration through my window, and issued me a citation for the red light. I ask the officer who is issuing the citation, and he stated he was. (Not the off duty plain clothes officer) i asked for his name and badge number along with his partner. After giving me the runaround he finally tells me is and the partners name and badge numbers. I repeated the info back loud enough for the recording. I also asked for the off duty officers info, and voiced it back. I also asked if the officer was off duty, and what district he was from. I fter i received my copy of the citation, i was told i was free to go, so i left. in addition, no supervisor responded.



So my questions are

1. Why didnt the off duty officer issue me the ticket?

2. When asked arent officers supposed to give there name and badge if it isnt on the ticket?

3. is the ticket for running a red light valid, if an officer that didnt even witness the violation issues me the ticket?



Im sorry this is so long guys/girls. I hope i can get some answers. Thank you in advance.





Traffic Lights, Signs and Controls: Ran Traffic Light. Off Duty Pulls Me Over

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire