Speeding Tickets: I Got a 104mph on 70mph Ticket 22348(B).

vendredi 27 février 2015

My question involves a traffic ticket from the state of: California



I was driving down on 5 south from San Jose to LA to meet my family on the morning of Saturday 2/21.

As I was passing by just north of 58, Buttonwillow (Kern county, Shafter) I slowed down a bit because I know there are always cops hiding in the area.

However, despite my effort I was pulled over and the officer told me I was going 104mph on 70mph limit. 22348(B)



The conversation

Me: Good morning sir

Cop: Where are you going speeding 104mph?

Me: I am on my way to meet my family sir.

Cop: How old are you?

Me: I am 24, sir

Cop:Can I see your DL and registration

Me:Here's my license and this is a rental car so I think my rental agreement would work.

(Cop just reaches over inside and grabs other papers from glove box)

Cop: Aren't you supposed to be 25 to rent a car?

Me: As a member of USAA member, you can still rent a car even if you are between 21-24.

Cop: I will be right back



(he comes back with a ticket)

Cop: I need you to sign here

Me: Sir, was I really going 104mph? I do not think I was going that fast.

Cop: well, if you weren't going that fast, I wouldn't be standing out here this morning in the morning. (He said something like if you were going like 80 like other cars he wouldn't have pulled me over. He did mention that speed limit was 70)

Me: Yes sir you're right (I didn't want to piss off a cop)





1. I was charged an infraction and from my research, it seems like I will be facing >$800 fine, 2 points on record, possible 30 day license suspended, mandatory court appearance. I am even thinking about hiring a lawyer but that will add about $500 on my end with no guarantee. It seems like fighting this ticket is a way to go but I am not sure if I should hire an attorney or not. any advice?



2. As of 2/26, I called Shafter superior court to change the address (my perm address is my parent's place in san diego so I'd rather have them send it directly to me) and the clerk told me they still do not have the ticket in their system. How long does it usually take for a ticket to file?



3. I want to change the date and location for my court appearance. It seems changing the date is okay but not sure about the location. The court I was assigned to is about 3+hrs away one way so it'll be 6-7 hours of just driving.



4. I thought the cop was supposed to ask me how fast I think I was going and if I know the speed limit which he did not. And he reached out to my glove box. He did not show me any evidence even when I raised a question. Do you think this could work against him?



5. My court date is Friday 8:30AM what time should I reschedule so that he will not show up?



6. Under the Radar/Lidar Unit/Patrol Vehicle No. He wrote down DXXXXXXX/8530. I believe this is his vehicle number and radar number right? Does this mean he does have evidence?

I really do not think I was going 104mph and I was just following the traffic flow. I drive from SJ to LA quite often and have never been pulled over.





I believe this area is popular for high speeding since there is nothing around the area and it is just a straight road. Wil the judge know this and agree my 104mph was not reckless driving





Thank you in advance and if you guys could share your experience it'll be greatly appreciated.



I am 24 and I got my license when I was 17. No accident or ticket since then.





Speeding Tickets: I Got a 104mph on 70mph Ticket 22348(B).

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire