Expenses: Custodial Parent Wants to Put Daughter into Private School

vendredi 27 février 2015

My question involves child support in the State of: California



Hello everyone,

I received an email from custodial parent saying that she wants to put our daughter into private school.

I told her that I could not afford to pay for half of the yearly tuition, and I thought that the public school in the area were very good.

I am currently unemployed, living off of savings.

She told me that she only wanted me to pay half of the entrance fee which would be around $500 and that she would pay for the yearly tuition herself.



My question is if I did help pay for our daughter to get into this private school by paying for half of the entrance fee would I be responsible for paying for the other half of the yearly tuition if the custodial parent were to change her mind and we went to court?

I hear that one of the factors judges take into consideration when making a parent pay for private school if whether the children were attending private schools before.



I would like to help out as much as possible and I can afford to pay the $500 one time entrance fee, but I am fearful that if I help her get into this private school I could possibly be responsible for paying for half of the yearly tuition which I can not afford.



Thank you in advance.





Expenses: Custodial Parent Wants to Put Daughter into Private School

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire