Towing: Management of Mobile Home Park Towed Car; Improper Notice

vendredi 27 février 2015

My question involves the lagality involved with a mobile home park manager having my car towed from outside my house for alleged improper parking. The manager of the trailer park I live in placed a warning on my car stating I must remove my vehicle from the street or it would be towed. The warning was placed at 9:05am and the towing company arrived at 11am. I became aware of the situation at around 11:15 when the towing company worker was finishing loading my car onto the truck. He said I had to pay $200 for a "hooking fee" to get my car back or a higher amount if I were to pick it up at the company's location.



After I paid the fee, I called the manager to address my concerns and she said that it is stated on the lease that cars cannot be parked on the street, only in the driveway. I told her I was not aware of that rule and that she should have given me proper notice and I would have more than happily moved the car into the driveway.



There are no signs or curb paintings signaling that cars are not allowed to park on the street. My question is if it is legal for the manager of the trailer park to tow my car as if they were a law enforcement agency.





P.S. We have a single lane driveway and my mom goes into work at 2am so I leave my the car on the street so she can pull out her car without having to move mine in the middle of the night.





Towing: Management of Mobile Home Park Towed Car; Improper Notice

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire