Adoption of Children: How to Start a Stepparent Adoption

mardi 28 octobre 2014

My question involves a child custody case from the State of: California



I have full custody of my son & have since he was 1 yrs. old. His birth mother has taken me to court 3 times after that & never showed up to court each time. The 3rd time the judge said the next time she filed for custody & didn't show he would take her rights. My luck she never filed again this was almost 5 years ago. She has not been seen or heard from since 2011. I am married now with the women who my son calls his Mother, she has been in his life since he was 4, he is now 8 she has helped raise him, helps educate him, she is his care taker, & supports him financially as well & we want to make it legit, she wants nothing more then to adopt him legally so that if anything happens to me my son can & will be with her & his little sister. We have no idea where to start, what to do 1st or where to go for help, I have read that I should file abandonment on his birth mothers part since she has been MIA for over a year then proceed with adoption process. Please any help is appreciated God bless.

,





Adoption of Children: How to Start a Stepparent Adoption

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire