Security Deposits: When Do You Have to Return a Subtenant's Deposit

jeudi 30 octobre 2014

(Just joined this site, don't know if I'm replying on accident or posting ?).



I have a been having problems with my roommate. I am the only one on the lease and when I was paying my deposit to my landlord my "friend" gave me $500 towards the deposit of the house as did I put $500 towards the deposit. Being friends we looked at it like at the end of the lease we will get our portions back but never thought we would be having major issues of course. So because of her unstableness I had her sign a Month to month sublease to protect myself aFter a month of living there. In that lease it never states when she would get her deposit back. I was forced to give her a thirty day notice and she is demanding her deposit back. Do I have to legally give to her when she moves out or does she have to wait til the end of the Lease ? That money we both put in went directly to the landlord I physically don't have the money. But am I legally bound to pay her before the lease is over?





Security Deposits: When Do You Have to Return a Subtenant's Deposit

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire