Rent and Utilities: Landlord Started to Charge for Utilities After Offering Free Heat

mercredi 29 octobre 2014

My question involves landlord-tenant law in the State of: Massachusetts



I've been renting an apartment in Massachusetts for several years now. When I signed the lease, it stated that heat and hot water would be included. All seemed well for many years, and I stayed as a tenant-at-will, never signing a new lease after the first year passed. The other day I received a letter from my landlord saying that he would be installing a new heating system, individually metered, and that I would have to contact the gas company and pay for my heat and hot water myself. Is this a legal move on his part? I know that I'm a tenant-at-will, but I never signed any document agreeing to this change. Do I have any legal protection in the matter? Any advice, especially that linking me to a concrete source that I could cite would be immensely appreciated.





Rent and Utilities: Landlord Started to Charge for Utilities After Offering Free Heat

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire