Repair and Maintenance: Being Extorted to Pay for 100% of Carpet After 5 Years

mardi 28 octobre 2014

My question involves landlord-tenant law in the State of: Florida



Main Point:

I recently renewed my lease, (coldwell banker is the agency for the owners) however they haven't given me a copy of it, instead they sent a letter stating that I need to replace the carpet within 30 days all at my expense, the carpet wasn't new when I got here, it was mostly clean, but clearly worn out, (I'm actually going to contact the previous owner that was foreclosed on as they are 5 minutes away and ask when the carpet was installed and if I could get any receipts from them or the company that did it)



My Concern:

I don't want to get kicked out, so I'm going to put carpet in, however I don't know if they are going to kick me out anyway, because if they are using illegal extortion tactics, what is my guarantee that I will be able to stay? Also I plan on taking them to court after all is said and done to get at least some of the money back, don't know if that will be after I move, but probably will be as I don't want to be kicked out or otherwise abused



More backround info:

Everything else is clean and well maintained I actually fix things for free (dishwasher, fridge, stove, garbage disposal etc.) I got authorization to buy a garbage disposal and heating elements for the oven and put them in free and they said I could take it off the rent, this was a couple years ago.



The house was a foreclosure and they did a poor job of fixing things, the guest bathroom sink's drain pipe had a 2" gap where the piping should have connected and the first time I ran the sink I got a foot bath, also the master bedroom and bathroom are connected with a pocket door, this has always been broken (although I just recently fixed it) and the door was never painted and looks awful, that is next on my list (single dad, no woman to impress and not much time on my hands)



Thank you VERY MUCH for your time, I REALLY appreciate it!





Repair and Maintenance: Being Extorted to Pay for 100% of Carpet After 5 Years

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire