Resignation: Resignation from a Public School

samedi 25 octobre 2014

My question involves labor and employment law for the state of: Pennsylvania, and within the Public School System.



Hello,



So an email from my boss got flagged for language and sent to me the IT Director. In the email my current boss was calling my old boss an assh*ole twice and saying he might punch him if he sees him again. I showed the email to a total of 4 people I've known for years that also work at the school basically to just talk it over and get their opinion, I've been there 8 years. He got wind of the fact that I showed people and said he could either terminate me or let me resign. I signed a resignation.



Since then people have been saying I should get an attorney. I admit I probably broke a confidentiality agreement in showing his email, however there is no set procedure on who to go to when an email is flagged like that. Usually I would go to him but it involves him. Secondly he made me believe he could terminate me when in fact only the school board can do this. It's not final until next month when the school board meets so a couple attorneys said they could contact the school attorney and rescind the resignation.



My contract would be up this coming June anyway, even if I could get my job back it would probably be miserable there, and the school board can't make him hire me back or renew my contract next year. Some have mentioned making them buy out my remaining time on my contract.



So is this even worth pursuing?



Thanks,

Steven





Resignation: Resignation from a Public School

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire