Transfer: Easements

dimanche 26 octobre 2014

My question involves an easement in the state of:Virginia



My family owns approx 22 acres and are going to divide the property in to parcels of 11 ac ea. I currently have 2 ac of the original plat that borders the easement in question. In 1987, my older brother was thinking of building a house where I am located now. He has a deeded a 50 ft easement for ingress and egress to the property from the neighbor next door. He does not want to build or own and is going to give up his rights to the property. There are approx 5 ac of property behind me that borders the easement that he has. If I select that parcel behind me as part of my 11 acres can I get his easement transferred to me. The only other stipulation is that any utilities will be run underground.

My family has owned our property since 1958 and at that time we were told by the then adjacent landowner that it was an access road to get to properties in the back which his family still owns. Since the sale of the original property another owner has sense built a house using this same easement.

What rights if any do we have concerning my brothers deeded easement? Look forward to hearing what you have to say. Thanks





Transfer: Easements

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire