Copyright Law: Source Code Ownership

vendredi 31 octobre 2014

Hi all,



I am currently going through some problems with a past employer i do business with on the side. They are threatening me with an attorney over software I made for them as a contractor. (I currently get payed in checks, not on a clock) We have no written agreement just word of mouth and emails saying what I can do for such amount of money. They have an existing million dollar contract agreement with one of their clients stating that they own all software while the client owns hardware, specs, ect. My signature is not in the contract. How does this affect me as a contractor with no written agreement and software I wrote from scratch? I used my own resources and compiler to write the source code. Do I own the source code? Do they? I currently give them just the compiled .hex code they download into a chip. I just worry about my trade secrets and algorithms within the source code. Do I have to turn my source code over to them along with the .hex file one payment is received?



Your advice is deeply appreciated.



Thanks,



-Bob





Copyright Law: Source Code Ownership

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire