Unemployment Benefits: Unemployment Inquiry - Worked Overseas for Parent Co. of Co. That Operates in State

samedi 25 octobre 2014

My question involves unemployment benefits for the state of: Georgia



My question is this: I worked overseas for a number of years for a company that currently operates its USA division under a different name. This company is wholly owned by the foreign parent company I worked for, and, in my role at the foreign parent company, I performed specific work functions for the companies USA division. This company has operated in my home state from 2009 to present under a different trademarked name, but prior to 2009, they operated under the same name as the foreign parent company. I was hired by this home state operating company, then relocated and worked for several years at the parent company location, from 2001 up to this year, when it was determined that my contract would not be renewed. I returned home to the states this past summer, and discovered that my home state department of labor did not qualify me for unemployment compensation. I filed and paid yearly taxes during all of this time, and I do understand that this is not the issue, but rather the fact that the company itself paid certain unemployment taxes in my home state during their existence in my home state - this company is still in operation as of today.



I need to understand what I need to do in order to see if I do qualify for unemployment compensation. Please make suggestions or comments; I can answer any further questions as well.



Thanks

Expat1956





Unemployment Benefits: Unemployment Inquiry - Worked Overseas for Parent Co. of Co. That Operates in State

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire