Repossessing a Car Given to an Adult Child

samedi 25 octobre 2014

My question involves court procedures for the state of: Michigan

I think I am in the right are my question is this : I bought my son age 19 a car with TERMS that were clear he would pay back the price of the car. total of $1100.

He was going to school and working he quit school and was fired from his job. I have gave him MULTIPLE opportunity from June 2014 to Now October 2014 to make payment even offering him work to earn money towards the debt owed. He moved in July 2014 , he signed a contract with me stating that he would make reasonable efforts to pay off the car . He has made a total of $100 cash and $50 I gave him for his "Birthday", as Credit then he has work off on $30 more of the original debt leaving a balance still owing of $920. He refuses to look for work and refuses to "work off " debt. in the contract it states that I have the right to repo. How do I go about doing this? I feel that being he is living with his father now that "dad" will tell him to make sure he parks in the garage. I want him to understand he can not do this and he needs to pay his debt. I am on the title as the First secure party lien holder with him as the owner of the car. I hold the title and both spare keys . what are my rights> what papers do i need to draw up to have this done ?





Repossessing a Car Given to an Adult Child

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire