Repossession: Does This Count As Hiding My Vehicle What Are They Allowed to Do

mardi 28 octobre 2014

My question involves an auto loan or repossession in the State of: Tennessee



I got a title loan through TN Quick Cash a while back. I have been making my payments like I am supposed to. I recently had a family emergency and was only able to make a partial payment. I was supposed to bring the remainder in two weeks later. When the day came, I had gone to dinner with my husband and next thing I know, I am waking up in the hospital.



I also recently started a new job. I explained all of this to the woman who keeps calling me. I told her that I had been working two jobs and my second, part time, job offered me a full time position making considerably more than what my first job was paying me and that it would also allow me to only have the one job, but that the transition would be a little tight. She said she would work with me, but now she is being very rude. She is calling me at all hours leaving derogatory voice mails on my cell phone. Yesterday, she even went as far as to call my cell phone from her personal cell phone. I can only assume that she thought I would answer the phone if "TN Quick Cash" didn't show up on my caller ID (The only reason I don't answer when she calls is because I am at work when she tries to call. I always call her back, but is it not misrepresentation for her to call to collect a debt from her personal cell phone instead of the company phone?)



I guess my questions are:



I have a garage at my house. I always park the car there. Always have, always will. Even with threats of repossession, I still keep my car at my home (they can't legally enter my garage without my permission. I've checked). They never asked for income verification or my employer's address in the paperwork.



So:



1.) Does it count as hiding my car when the car is still housed at the address listed in the paperwork and they didn't ask for my work address, so it's their own fault they don't know where the car is during the day (they haven't asked, either);



2.) Are they allowed to have someone (to quote my mother) "Stake out your house and follow you" to see where you go in the car; and



3.) Are debt collectors allowed to "misrepresent" themselves by calling from their personal cell phone instead of their company phone?





Repossession: Does This Count As Hiding My Vehicle What Are They Allowed to Do

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire