Termination: Suspended from Work for Allegations of Stealing from Another Employee

jeudi 30 octobre 2014

My question involves labor and employment law for the state of: Nevada



First of all I would like to make clear that I am morally innocent. I am a bartender in a resort in Las Vegas. There are 3 Point of Sales systems behind the bar where I work at. And to access any of these terminals you need to have you own unique access card. I would also like to make clear that we keep our own tips and there are usually 3 bartenders working at the same time.



So what happened was my co-worker was no where to be found and he had his own unique access card on his person. His customer who he had been servicing (and he was entitled to the tip) wanted to close out his check and was in a visible hurry. So what happened was I transferred his check to my computer and i closed him out with a credit card and then I got the tip he left on his card. I then handed my co-worker cash from my tip jar to compensate the tip that was on my computer and that is definitely on camera. My co-worker claims he does not remember this and went to the HR department and complained to it about me stealing his tip. The amount of the tip in question is $4.00.



I was called down the HR department and was informed of this and was immediately suspended and didn't even have the chance to explain my side of the story. They just barraged me with circular questions that I didn't really even answer well because at first I had no idea what they were talking about and that probably made me look bad to them and I was suspended pending investigation.



I have been suspended for 3 days now and they called me in to have a meeting with them tomorrow afternoon. What should my steps be? I can prove on camera that I gave the guy his money. I am just nervous because I am guilty until proven innocent in their eyes.





Termination: Suspended from Work for Allegations of Stealing from Another Employee

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire