Failure to Yield: Am I Forced to Have My Car Fixed

jeudi 30 octobre 2014

My question involves a traffic accident in the State of: Pennsylvania



I was in a car accident at the beginning of them month, I was hit by a driver coming out of a parking lot and not yielding as I was coming down the road. Anyway, I filed through his insurance (Nationwide) with the police report and they are having me take my car to be estimated by an adjuster.



Before this, I was about to take my car to a dealer for a trade in since my transmission is about to go. The insurance adjuster told me that the collision center that I go to will take care of everything and repair my car after the determine that amount of damage. My uncle works at a collision center, and estimated that the damages are going to cost about $2k to fix, but my car is only worth about $800 with a transmission that is about to go. The adjuster said that they are only going off of "body work" and since my car is worth $2700 with a transmission that is intact, that is why they won't total my car.



Can't I just receive a check? I'm so mad that they are going to put $2,000 into a car, and the same collision center said they will only give me $800-$1,000 for my car about 1.5 months ago and I am trading the car in either way anyway.



How does that make sense? I don't want to get my car fixed. It is NOT worth it. What can I tell the insurance agent because she said I take it to the collision center, and they take care of everything and bring me out a fixed car in a few days. Do I just have it estimated and then tell the collision center I don't want it fixed right now? Or am I forced to have it done?



Any input would be appreciated! :)





Failure to Yield: Am I Forced to Have My Car Fixed

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire