Collection and Enforcement: Yet Another Passport Thread

mercredi 29 octobre 2014

My question involves child support in the State of: Alabama.



Quick question-I owe arrears on a case that originated in Alabama and was subsequently moved to Kentucky. I now live in New Jersey but the case is still in Kentucky. Let me be clear, I am paying the arrears down and have not missed a payment (the arrears were set the day the court order was issued years ago). I'm currently paying 20% more per month than the court order dictates because I am able to afford to currently.



I have an opportunity to take a job that requires travel to Canada on a regular basis. With this job I will be able to pay the arrears off completely over twice as fast. Unfortunately NJ and KY are "zero-tolerance" states and will not make a deal that allows me to get my passport.



So now to the question: is Alabama also a "zero-tolerance" state in terms of arrears or are they willing to adjust their tolerance levels when it benefits the child?



Thanks





Collection and Enforcement: Yet Another Passport Thread

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire