Auto Insurance: Settling an Accident Damage Claim When Uninsured

jeudi 30 octobre 2014

Hi, so recently moved to New Zealand and unfortunately had a car accident which I was uninsured for. The person I hit offered to sort it outside of insurance due to very small damage to her car (two small marks on the lower bumper from a low impact collision, I have pictures) . Which I was grateful for and told her I would cover the costs of repairs.



Now, she starts asking me for $2500 which is way overpriced for the repairs as I asked around for quotes. Its bad, but I still would pay for the damage if need be. But she wants me to pay her directly and won't let me contact the mechanic to pay then directly and get a receipt etc. So essentially she is asking me to pay her with no record of the transaction to show the repair costs.



I know it was my fault for being uninsured and have since then obtained insurance but I would like a record of the transaction as she could make up any amount for the bill. I don't know what to do, shall I just let her do it through insurance and then pay whatever fines I get?



anyway , just need a bit of advice on this...





Auto Insurance: Settling an Accident Damage Claim When Uninsured

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire