Retail Fraud / Shoplifting: How Diligent Will a Store Be in Reviewing Surveillance Footage for Acts of Theft

mercredi 29 octobre 2014

My question involves criminal law for the state of: Oregon



A close friend of mine was recently charged with Theft-III (ORS 164.043) after he allegedly left Wal-Mart without paying for merchandise while black-out drunk. He told me he was jailed overnight, but his case was settled at his arraignment. Some time after the incident he calls me up and asks me for a ride because he just got out of jail again for the same charge. Apparently Wal-Mart had reviewed their security camera footage from that week and captured him allegedly leaving without paying for merchandise the day before his original charge, again, while black-out drunk. He later told me that he's worried he may have done it another time while he was drunk, but it was quite a while ago. Obviously nobody likes being in jail, but my friend has had severe anxiety issues surrounding incarceration and I would like to know if I should suggest he start making arrangements with his prescriber.



More to the point, my questions are: how persistent is, or can Wal-Mart be in investigating shoplifting cases? And is it typical for them to look back through months of security camera footage to catch a shoplifter?



Thanks in advance.





Retail Fraud / Shoplifting: How Diligent Will a Store Be in Reviewing Surveillance Footage for Acts of Theft

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire