Custody and Visitation Issues: Verbally Agreed to Modification of Visitation

lundi 27 octobre 2014

My question involves a child custody case from the State of: Rhode Island & Virginia



I am wondering if anyone has any experience with modification of visitation. I have an order from RI and my son and I live in VA now and have for 2 years. Realistically we both know we couldn't follow the order for visitation so we verbally agreed to the current schedule we are on. Given our son cannot miss school all the time we agreed it was best to go this route and have been ok with this arrangement for a year. I recently suggested we get it modified in court, to make it legal and also as a protection for me since I am responsible for returning my son for visits. His father however doesn't feel we need to change the paperwork. I want to and dont trust him, he is also 4 months behind in support.



Really my question is, if we verbally agreed can I be in trouble for not returning our son for the extra visits? And does it make sense to change the paperwork if we had both agreed.





Custody and Visitation Issues: Verbally Agreed to Modification of Visitation

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire