Disputing Debts: Medical Provider Did Not Submit Timely Paperwork to the Va

vendredi 31 octobre 2014

My question involves collection proceedings in the State of: CA



A few years ago I went to the ER and received non-service connected care from the hospital. I made sure to inform them that I am a veteran and that my care is covered by the VA, trying to be as specific as I could because providers seem to think the VA and Tricare for active duty are the same thing. They did not bill the VA but instead sent me a bill, which I submitted to the VA near me.



The provider has to send specific paperwork to the VA and they have 90 days to do it. These people took over a year to send anything over and it was denied for an untimely file. They have sent my bill to collections and I would really like to fix my credit report so I would like some advice.



First, does the provider have sole responsibility for submitting the claim? I know this is true for Medicare but I am unclear about the VA. If you could tell me the source, that would be awesome too.



Second, should I seek a settlement with the collections agency, sending them the VA letter of denial which states the fault of the provider as well as the applicable VA law OR

should I contact the provider with these details and claim that their sending the bill to collections was illegal and threaten a law suit. I do not know whether this was illegal yet, which is why I am here.



Third, since this claim is already in collections, will the provider be able to pull it back out and eliminate the derogatory account on my credit report?



Thank you!





Disputing Debts: Medical Provider Did Not Submit Timely Paperwork to the Va

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire