Traffic Accidents: Three Questions Regarding Auto Accident

vendredi 31 octobre 2014

My question involves an injury that occurred in the state of: NC

I was in an accident in early October. I was riding a bicycle and struck by a car. The other driver was completely at fault. I received multiple serious injuries that required hospitalization and surgery. Currently I am trying to handle my own insurance claim without involving a lawyer, and I am doing as much research as possible, but some questions keep coming up that need to be resolved.



The first is: One of the books about handling your own case says the first thing you should do to start the clams process is send formal notification letters to all parties about my legal intentions, such as the person that hit me, his insurance companies claims adjuster, my insurance company, etc. My biggest concern is that I already know the driver is aware of my intentions, and I have already had a conversation with his adjuster and my insurance agent. Basically, should I still write the letters to cover my butt down the road?



Second: When trying to calculate an amount of compensation for my pain and suffering, I have heard of a very wide possible range, between 1.5 and 5+ times the amount of "medical costs", and sometimes even more in extreme cases. Is this true?



Lastly: If my second question is correct, what figure is my actual "medical costs"? Is it the total amount before my health insurance pays their part, almost $40,000 not including ongoing rehab and future procedures, or my deductible and co-pays?



Thanks for any advice,



Slim





Traffic Accidents: Three Questions Regarding Auto Accident

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire