Towing: Can HOA Tow Cars from in Front of My House

lundi 27 octobre 2014

My question involves being towed in the state of Florida. To describe the property a bit, I live in a single family home within an HOA Community. There is a sidewalk in front of my house and a strip of grass between the sidewalk and the road. The property from the sidewalk to the road is technically owned by the HOA.



My HOA has a contract with a local towing company to tow anyone who is parked with their tires touching the HOA grass. There is no signage in the community warning of the towing policy except for a sign as you exit the community stating Unauthorized Vehicles will be towed. Also, this sign is posted where it can be seen by those leaving the community, not entering.



Reading Florida statute for towing, it seems to me that the HOA should be required to prominently display that parking on the grass will result in towing if that is their policy. They also impose a towing policy during certain hours at night even if no tires are on the grass.



For what it's worth, a guest of mine, who had valid Florida registration was towed from in front of my house for having a tire on the grass.





Towing: Can HOA Tow Cars from in Front of My House

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire