Changing a Child's Name: Changing a Child's Name Change Via Usage

mercredi 28 janvier 2015

My question involves name change laws in the State of: Oregon



Hi, it's been a while since I've posted. My husband has two boys, now 6 & 8. When SS6 was 5, he would occasionally announce that his last name was "Stepdad'sLastName". At first, SS8 would correct him, but recently, both boys have been saying that their "nicknames" are "RealName FunnyName Stepdad'sLastName". My husband and I generally stick to the message that once they turn 18, they can have whatever name they like, but for now, kids have the name that their mom and dad picked for them.

Can the boys' mom legally change their last names without my husband's consent? Could she say she tried to notify him but couldn't find him?

Alternatively, I've heard (of adults) that if they pick a different name and just use it enough, it "counts" as a name change. If that's even true, could Mom do that to the kids?

Thanks in advance for your help. Please let me know if you need more info.





Changing a Child's Name: Changing a Child's Name Change Via Usage

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire