Fences and Walls: Wall Not on My Property

jeudi 29 janvier 2015

My question involves real estate located in the State of: Pennsylvania



Both my home and my neighbors home were built in the 1930s. My home has a large sloped front yard with a long retaining wall at the front of it. That stone wall is clearly indicated on a survey of the property as being mine. When my neighbors house was built, instead of a front yard, they built the house closer to the street and included a small parking pad on the side against my property. A retaining wall was built up against the dirt to my front yard and against my stone wall.in recent years the wall on my neighbors property has begun to lean and a few days ago some of it crumbled. This home is a rental and out of the blue I have a lawyer at my door with letter saying that it is my responsibility because my dirt pushed the wall. He kept wanting to pick a fight...very nasty man...and he provided me with no proof that the wall was on my property.



I have a survey that shows my property ending at the end of my stone wall. The neighbors wall was original to the house being built. What are my rights here?



I was thinking of offering to pay a portion of the repair but I don't feel I am responsible for the entire thing or even half.



Any advice would really be appreciated.





Fences and Walls: Wall Not on My Property

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire